International Master Program in Software Engineering
The master program is designed to prepare students for leadership roles in intermediate-large scale software system development and software project management. Graduates should have a profound understanding of advanced and practical software development methods, techniques, and tools related to each phrase of software development cycles, be able to discover innovative solution and implement leading-edge technologies. In addition, the graduates are equipped with comprehensive knowledge related to information technology and expertise in certain specialty, such as enterprise computing, embedded system, service engineering and science, GIS, business intelligent, mainframe technology, and so on. The graduates should be immediately productive for software development and software project management in internal or international industry, government agencies, academia and other institutions. The normal study period is 2 years.The student who has fulfilled all the course and thesis requirements will be awarded the Master's Degree in Software Engineering of Tongji University.
The master's degree program consists of the following modules:
- Core courses
- Elective courses
Students should complete 0,5-1 year internship to participate in software system development.
Students should complete research proposal writing before starting the internship. The final article and research work should be done within the standards of The Chinese Ministry of Education and pass the reply process.
The program provides flexibility for students entering from different undergraduate backgrounds.The program is delivered in English.
Tuition and Scholarship
Tuition for international students is RMB 39,000 per year. A very limited number of scholarships are available on a highly competitive basis.
- A completed Application Form for International Students Wishing to study at Tongji University;
- Language: 80 and above for TOEFL, or 6.0 and above for IELTS, or other certificate that can prove the applicant is with English as his/her native language or the working language at college;
- College graduation certificate and academic transcript;
- Major: computer science, computer engineering, electronic engineering, etc. If an applicant’s major is irrelevant to any mentioned major, education background or working experience related to IT is expected;
- A letter of motivation (reasons to apply to this program)
- Two recommendation letters
Complete applications should be received by May 31st.