Computer Vision (Spring 2021)
Instructor: Lin ZHANG (张林), firstname.lastname@example.org
TA: Yang CHEN, Email: email@example.com
Evaluation: homework (3 times) 30%, final project 30%, final paper exam 40%; extra bonus 5%.
1. Scores and ref solutions for assignment 2 now is available.
2. Assignment 3 is available now (Due: Jun. 25, 2021)
3. Scores and ref solutions for assignment 1 now is available.
4. Assignment 2 is available now (Due: Jun. 11, 2021)
5. Assignment 1 is available now (Due: Apr. 18, 2021)
6. Course website is online! (Feb. 19, 2020)
|Introduction to Computer Vision||
1. Computer Vision, Wiki Page, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Computer_vision
2. Erlangen Program, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Erlangen_program
|Local Interest Point Detectors||
1. HarrisCornerDetector: this program implements the Harris corner detector and generates an example for "corner detection" mentioned in our lecture.
|Local Feature Descriptors and Matching||
3. HomographyEstimation: this program implements how to estimate the homography matrix between two images based on local interest points and descriptors. Homography fitting is performed by RANSAC algorithm.
|Math Prerequsit I: Projective Geometry|
|Math Prerequsit II: Nonlinear Least-squares||
K. Madsen et al., Methods for nonlinear least-squares problems, Technical Univ. Denmark, 2004
|Measurement Using a Single Camera||
1. Z. Zhang, A Flexible New Technique for Camera Calibration, IEEE T-PAMI, 2000
4. Demo code to perform single camera calibration. This demo is based on the openCV source code, totally complying with the theoretical discussions in our lectures. The code is complied by VS2017+opencv4.2+Win10. Since it is a pure C++ project, it can be straightforwardly ported to another platform (MacOS or Ubutu) if you like.
|Basics for Machine Learning and A Special Emphasis on CNN||
Demo for linear regression
|Applications of CNN||
1. Lin Zhang et al.,
Vision-based parking-slot detection:
A DCNN-based approach and a large-scale benchmark dataset, IEEE
Trans. Image Processing, 2018.
|Introduction to Numerical Geometry||
1. Example to demonstrate fast marching (FastMarching.rar)
6. Lin Zhang et al., 3D palmprint identification using block-wise features and collaborative representation, IEEE Trans. Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence, 2015.
1. Assignment 1, Scores, ref solution for Q1 (credit to Jiajie Li), ref solution for Q2 (credit to Jiajie Li), ref solution for Q3
2. Assignment 2, Scores, ref solution for Q3, ref solution for Q4, ref solution for Q5 (credit to Jiajie Li)
3. Assignment 3, Due: Jun. 25, 2021. Experiment Instructions. You need to hand in an experiment report and here is the template. Scores
1. Compress all files into a .rar file whose name is composed of student name and ID.
2. For the programming assignments, please use Matlab, C++, or Python and make sure your program can successfully run on TA's machine.
3. All the documents you hand in, including comments in the source codes, should be in English.
4. Please send your solutions to TA and confirm with TA that she has received your email successfully.
1. 2 or 3 persons form a group to deal with a selected topic.
2. At the end of this semester, you need to hand in the source code of the project and a related report; and then, you need to give a presentation about your fruit. All the documents should be in English, including the comments in the program. The style of the source code should be neat and clear; and you should provide clear comments to the key components, functions, or statements. The report should contain at least the following parts: background introduction, system structure design, key algorithms used, experimental results, and references.
3. Try your best to make the system perfect. Creative ideas are highly encouraged. If the innovation is critical, we could prepare some conference papers!
1. Panorama Stitching
2. Palmprint verification on mobile phones
3. Parking-slot detetion on Nvidia Jetson TX2 with tensorRT
4. Detection and distance measurement of speed bumps
5. Interaction between a mobile device and a ROS host
6. Depth Estimation and Dense Reconstruction with the Monocular Camera
and J. Ponce
Computer Vision -- A Modern Approach (2nd Edition),
Prentice Hall, 2013
Online version available here
Richard Hartley and Andrew Zisserman
Multiple View Geometry in Computer Vision (2nd Edition)
Cambridge University Press, 2004
Milan Sonka, Vaclav Hlavac, and Roger Boyle
Image Processing, Analysis, and Machine Vision
Created on: Feb. 19, 2021
Last updated on: Jun. 25, 2021