Machine Learning (Fall 2020)
Instructor: Lin ZHANG (张林)
TA: Tianjun ZHANG firstname.lastname@example.org
Office: RM408L, Jishi Building, Jiading Campus
1. P. Viola and M.J. Jones, Robust real-time face detection, IJCV' 04
2. Y. Freund and R.E. Schapire,
A Decision-Theoretic Generalization of on-Line Learning and an
Application to Boosting, Journal of Computer and System
1. M. Turk and A. Pentland, Eigenfaces for recognition, Journal of Cognitive Neuroscience' 91
PCADemo: a matlab program used in our lectures to demonstrate
the basic concepts related to PCA
Wright et al.,
Robust face recognition via sparse representation, IEEE PAMI' 09
1. K. He et al., Deep Residual Learning for Image Recognition, CVPR 2016
2. G. Huang et al., Densely Connected Convolutional Networks, CVPR 2017
3. J. Redmon et al., Yolo: 9000 better, faster, stronger, CVPR 2017
4. N. Ma et al., ShuffleNet V2: Practical Guidelines for Efficient CNN Architecture Design, ECCV 2018
5. Learn to configure YoloV2 and try to solve your own detection task, https://github.com/AlexeyAB/darknet.
1. Lin Zhang et al., Vision-based parking-slot detection: A benchmark and a learning-based approach, Symmetry 10 (3) 64:1-18, 2018.
2. Lin Zhang et al., "Vision-based parking-slot detection: A DCNN-based approach and a large-scale benchmark dataset", IEEE Trans. Image Processing, vol. 27, no. 11, pp. 5350-5364, 2018.
3. Xuan Shao, Xiao Liu, Lin Zhang*, et al., Revisit surround-view camera system calibration, in Proc. ICME, 2019
1. I.J. Goodfellow et al., Generative adversarial nets, NIPS, 2014
2. A. Radford et al., Unsupervised representation learning with deep convolutional generative adversarial networks, ICLR, 2016
3. M. Arjovsky et al., Towards principled methods for training generative adversarial networks, ICLR, 2017
4. M. Arjovsky et al., Wasserstein GAN, arXiv, 2017
5. I. Gulrajani et al., Improved training of Wasserstein GANs, arXiv, 2017
6. P. Isola, J. Zhu, T. Zhou, and A.A. Efros, Image-to-image translation with conditional adversarial networks, CVPR, 2017
7. J. Zhu et al., Unpaired image-to-image translation using cycle-consistent adversarial networks, arXiv, 2017
8. C. Ledig et al., Photo-realistic single image super-resolution using a generative adversarial network, CVPR, 2017
9. A. Shrivastava et al., Learning from simulated and unsupervised images through adversarial training, CVPR, 2017
1. Compress all files into a .rar file whose name is composed of student name and ID.
2. For the programming assignments, please use Matlab or C++ and make sure your program can successfully run on TA's machine.
3. All the documents you hand in, including comments in the source codes, should be in English.
4. Please send your solutions to TA and confirm with TA that she has received your email successfully.
1. Assignment 1 (Due: Oct. 25, 2020) marks
2. Assignment 2 (Due: Dec. 06, 2020) marks
2. Assignment 3 (Due: Dec. 27, 2020) test_video
Created on: Sep. 12, 2020
Last updated on: Dec. 23, 2020